Amplify Ability is a 10-week program for anyone from a migrant or refugee background and looking to make new connections, set and achieve goals and improve their emotional health and wellbeing.
Amplify Ability is ideal for people interested in:
- Goal Setting: Discover and share their passion, wisdom and set personal and social goals with others.
- Working together: Co-design the program. Share skills and knowledge with their peers to achieve their goals.
- Skill Building: Increase self-care, emotional health,
self-management, computer and digital literacy skills.
- Community Engagement: Learn how to best access volunteering and other social connections and opportunities.
- Speaking out: Learn consumer rights, how to access services and make sure their needs are being met.
- Peer Support: Stay focused on goals and participate in 1 to 1 and group mentoring to achieve success.
- Celebrating Learning: Share successes and learning with participants, family, friends and carers.
Southern Tasmania: Autumn intake is now open (14 March 2022)
Northern Tasmania: Intake is currently closed.
Southern Tasmania: Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania, Level 2, 1A Anfield St Glenorchy
Northern Tasmania: Ground Level, 27 Paterson Street, Launceston
Participants need to be 18 years or older, interested in the aims of the program and identify with being from a migrant or refugee background. There are no restrictions regarding visa status.
Participants will need to be able to commit to 2-3 hours per week of group work for 10 weeks.
Southern Tasmania: Adam Hammer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6221 0999 Monday to Wednesday. For an Interpreter (TIS) call 131 450
Northern Tasmania: Ruby Wood at email@example.com or call 03 6724 2820. For an Interpreter (TIS) call 131 450
Numbers are limited. Please express interest as soon as possible.
Autumn intake is now open (South)